Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our Lists: Bunk Beds

by Designing Mom Jackie

Wanna bunk? My twin sister, Cathy, and I shared a room until we were 17 and off to college.

Growing up, I always wanted bunk beds. But, my mom was too freaked out to get them and opted for the twin side-by-side beds from Plummers topped with super 80s geometric comforters from K-mart. Now that we have two kids, and plan for them to share a room at some point (hopefully before they turn 17), I am starting to relive my childhood fantasy and thinking about bunk beds. Gabe will probably end up making them, but I am doing some advanced research anyhow. My mom would be thrilled to know that the ugly, clunky, and unsafe bunk beds of days past have been replaced by an amazing collection of modern, simple, and fun options.

For those of us with smaller sized kids bedrooms, I can’t think of a better way to maximize space for building forts, conducting trains, and dressing Mr. Potato Head.


Here are some of my favorites:

1. Modern Children Bunk Bed R302



2. Lollipop Bunk Bed




3. Uffizi Bunk Bed


4. Julian Shutter Bunk Beds


5. Hillsdale - Universal Youth Twin Bunk Beds



6. Nurseryworks Duet Bunk Bed



7. Wave 2 Bed by Gudiksen Design

3 comments:

Carrie's Mom said...

the Wave Bed is a work of art. Would love that.

G. said...

I had seen variations of 1-6 but 7 is simply rad! Looks like a little tree house that little girl is going up to.

Unknown said...

Curious, where can you find the wave or the lollipop in the Los Angeles / SoCal area?

Related Posts with Thumbnails