Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Decorate: Paint Colors

By Designing Mom Guissell

Another easy, but not necessarily cheap, way of renovating your home is through paint. Last year I decided that it was time my small NY apt to get some face-lifting so I decided to paint every room. Prior to motherhood I was your white walls type of gal, very city of me eh? Minimalist was the safe way when it came to interior home d├ęcor for me. But now that toys have become permanent residents in my home I've embraced the need of color!


Here are some before and after shots of my bathroom I thought I share to exemplify the power of paint. I used BEHR paint color Ocean Kiss (510E-3) for the walls and for the cabinet Bitter Chocolate (790B-7). I kept the ceiling white since this bathroom is small as it is! The color inspiration... The $2 hand towel from Target pictured there.

If you don't know what colors work best together, grab a home magazine for room samples. If you want to get technical, then check out this link on color theory & wheel.

1 comment:

baby r.t. and house too said...

I think my bathroom is the same color. Designing Moms think alike! Kira

Related Posts with Thumbnails