Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Designing Moms: Meet Kate cont'd

As promised, I am so happy to introduce Designing Mom Kate to all of you. When Kate told me that she was planning to open a stationery boutique, I was giddy. Not only do I love a fellow paper geek but I know her newest venture will be full of all the joyous spirit and whimsy that she is known for!
......................................................................

Name: Kate


Business: Founder of Ooma in San Francisco, currently planning to open a stationery/gift boutique in Portland, Oregon


Babies: I am the mother of a little boy named Oscar, born 3/13/08

Inspiration: My son & husband are a huge source of inspiration - both make me laugh. My girlfriends make me want to tap into my goddess power. Color/humor/design all get me jazzed. Chocolate never hurts.




Why I do what I do:

I became an entrepreneur after 12 years in marketing. When I added up what would be my ideal job, the solution was to open a women’s clothing boutique. There was absolutely nothing else I wanted to do and it was the sum total of all my career desires.

I sold Ooma last year when I was pregnant and planning a move to Portland. Now I’m super jazzed to open another store – and do it on terms that allow me to be the best mom as well (I’ve been a SAHM since Oscar was born in March).

.........................................................

Thank you for sharing Kate, we look forward to seeing your future posts!

2 comments:

Our Designing Moms said...

Welcome Kate! I can't wait for your stationery shop to open :).

jackie kersh said...

congratulations on oscar! i used to live around the corner from ooma and would pop in to look at your beautiful things on my stroller walks with my older son (graham). i always loved your sense of style and your wonderful eye. good luck with your new venture! so glad you are part of designing moms.

Related Posts with Thumbnails