Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Designing Moms: Meet Cat

Name: Cat

Work and Play: In San Francisco

What I do: I design a stationery and custom invitation line and our boutique and studios are located in the Russian Hill neighborhood of San Francisco. Before that, I wrote fiction and painted...and taught at UM (
yes, those dreaded college 101 composition courses you were all forced to take in college!).


Why I started Designing Moms: I crave to support and be in the support of creative moms everywhere.


What inspires my design: I get weak in the knees when it comes to patterns and color whether it's found in the overgrown magnolia outside my window or in vintage fabrics. My designs are mostly hand-illustrated or water colored and I love "finding" my way into an illustration or pattern.


What's my day in the life like: I live a hybrid wholesale/retail life so in any given moment I can be found exploring patterns on my laptop, sketching in my books, emailing and faxing like a fiend or greeting customers and showing them cute dresses that arrived at the shop. Often times you will find me doing all of the above at the same time which I hope will prep for multi-tasking skills in motherhood!

This was most definitely a lifestyle choice and I love being involved and a part of the community. I have a great team of industrial, sassy women who do a little bit of everything that I do as well. We love sugar, so while we try and reserve Fridays for sweets, you can find us indulging any day of the week.

above: my Boston "Terror"

4 comments:

jackie kersh said...

lovely work! thanks for organizing this, cat.

Tori Higa said...

yes, thank you for organizing this, cat! i feel inspired already and am SO excited to be a part of such a fun community! by the way, your product photography is just beautiful!

marzi said...

hi cat! congrats on the fabulous blog! adding it to my reader right now! will you be at nss this year?
-lori
marzipan inc.

April Higashi said...

Nice...finally had some time to look through the beginning of this blog. Looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails