Monday, March 22, 2010

Make: Baby Love Letters

Today's "Make" comes from Designing Mom Aya who received such an amazingly thoughtful, heartfelt gift made from her talented intern, Grace. Read on to find out the meaning behind the maps!


by Designing Mom Aya

I wanted to share the loveliest hand-made gift that Hayden has received. Grace, who was interning at Chronicle when I was pregnant, created these map letters for Hayden. It came in a super cute hand decorated envelope, hand-sewn fabric case. But I was most touched when I realized that she used the map of San Francisco (where we live), subway map of Tokyo (where I am from), a map of Vancouver (where she lives) etc. She calls this project “love letters.” Hayden is a one lucky guy to receive such a love letter.

I will have to try and make something like this for a new mom to be one day :)







3 comments:

annalea said...

this is so sweet. especially with the maps used. i love making these banners. i call them love letters too! and i find them to be a great gift for newly arrived littles.

http://ourhartbeat.blogspot.com/2010/02/gifts-from-hart-paper-love-letters.html

jackie kersh said...

so cute! the packaging is fantastic...

viola said...

so cute!! Can i volunteer for you to make one for me?:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails