Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Make: Count Your Blessings Sheets

by Designing Mom Tori
I love the idea of having traditions around the holidays - I think that traditions are especially fun for kids. Now that we have a toddler, my husband and I want to come up with new family holiday traditions that our son can have fun with now as well as have fond memories of later. Thanksgiving is no doubt one of my favorite holidays and a great holiday for kids and grown-ups alike - I think it's the perfect holiday to start to integrate family traditions both old and new. Thanksgiving is all about family, friends, and gratitude which perhaps is why I love it so much. I try to live my life with gratitude and count my blessings on a regular basis - it's not always my first instinct, but it is definitely something I strive for because I think it is so important.


Remembering to be thankful is something that we want to teach our son (and any future kids we may have) so I think that a fun way to do that is to make it a tradition to keep a list of everything we are thankful for each Thanksgiving. I made these little "count your blessings" sheets and thought I would share them with you. Feel free to print some up (for personal use only) and have fun filling them out with your little ones. Wouldn't it be cute to have one of these at each place setting of the "kid's" table as sort of a place card?


I also think it would would be fun to have a gratitude brainstorming session with your kids and have them (or you if your child is too young) write down everything they are thankful for. You can then keep it in a special box or jar and refer to it the next time you or your child needs to remember to count your blessings.


To print your own "count your blessings" sheets, simply drag the the high resolution image to your desktop and print. I also made some longer sheets in case your kids are REALLY thankful.

1 comment:

libbydibby said...

those are great, tori!
thanks for sharing them!
I'd already printed out some to bring to dinner tomorrow - now i will print out yours too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails