Hope you have been having fun making the other two snowflakes, cookie cutter paper snowflake and piping paper snowflake. This one is probably my favorite one that I designed. A picture of all three snowflakes is below.
Measurements and sizes are according to the snowflakes I made for this tutorial. You can adjust to make a snowflake bigger, smaller or fuller.
- cardstock paper
- paper cutter
- pens, pencils or markers
- ribbon, string or thread
- low adhesive tape
- hole punch or other embellishments for the center
1. Cut your paper into 1/2″ x 6″ strips. Cut 6 strips.
2. Tape one end of the strip diagonally to a pen, pencil or marker. Twist the rest of the strip around the marker, then tape the second end. Do to all 6 strips. Let it sit for about an hour or so.
3. Unravel the paper from the marker.
4. Take two of the curled paper and join them together in the center, they are across from each other. Then take two more curled paper and space it evenly between the previous two strips.
5. Staple that first portion in the center.
6. Take the last two strips and space it evenly on the open part of the snowflake. Staple it again. You may want to staple a few more times to keep the strips secured.
7. Hole punch a different colored paper and glue the punched circles to the center, covering the staples. Or add other types of embellishments.
8. String it with ribbon or strings using glue or tape on the back.