Thursday, February 4, 2010

Make: Mirror Makeover

by Designing Moms Contributor Laina
above: the mirror reflecting floral treatment, but it would be fun
to lay funky wallpaper over an old mirror as well!

To add a bit more light in my daughter's bedroom, I decided to makeover an old mirror my mom had passed along to me back when I was in college. The brassy color seemed way too grown up (and, really, in need of cheering up) so I opted for a glossy white that seems to be 'the color' in every DIY paint project lately. I found the ribbon from The Ribbonerie, a lovely shop on Sacramento Street in San Francisco. After sanding and painting the frame of the mirror, I attached a 2 foot length of ribbon to the back of the mirror using a staple gun. I used an additional yard and a half of ribbon to make my bow and just a small bit and a button making kit to finish it off. The mirror hangs from the original wire vs. actually from the ribbon.


1 comment:

Diana said...

I have a box of potential frame makeovers. My idea was to paint and use them for my art. Thanks for the motivation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails